View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #10
Sinisterspeed

Re: The Neverending Longhorn 11/01-current

Chapter 10 Back into it! & Mistake #4

After joining this site and looking around I saw how people said you cannot use the Chevy fenders on a GMC front end. I talked to Andy and he couldn't remember exactly why but I knew I needed to check it out.

Well he was right I cannot use the fenders. I had been talking with Sweere's Auto body about finishing the paint work so I wanted to get it in about a month from now so I could finish up some final assembly and begin actually changing out the old hardware that was used to mock it up and install a bunch of new parts I have waiting for it to be finished.

Here is the fender problem.

Not going to fly so, I still have some fenders up at my dads shop so headed out to go pick them up.

They are not in as good of shape as I remembered. Look at this.

After stopping by the body shop with them, They hit them with some 36 grit. They are covered in bondo. The bottom corner is rusted out of one of them, And the other had the body line lip at the wheel arch completely filled in and missing.

After talking with them, It was cheaper for me to go get new ones then try to fix these ones.

Dan's classics had a pair in stock. 175 ea.

I was back at the body shop by 5pm. 3 days later they called me to pick up my jambed fenders (200.00)

to complete my 500.00 whoops.

A friend stopped by and we changed out the front fenders. It now has the correct front end on it and is ready to head to the paint shop.

70 GMC Longhorn (A.K.A Money Bucket)
57 Chev 3100
05 Chevy LLY Dmax.
67 Chevy Camaro

Dad's Budget Build 55

My Longhorn Build
Sinisterspeed is offline   Reply With Quote