View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #11
Sinisterspeed

Re: The Neverending Longhorn 11/01-current

Thursday 7-10-08
Chapter 11 Off to the paint shop

I got a call today while at work. They told me they got the other big job out of the shop and were ready for me to bring mine in. I told 'em I would be home as soon as I could get there and get it loaded up on the trailer. I would be in before 5.

7-15-08
Stopped by the body shop today, Looks like the cab is worse then I & they thought.
We pulled the bed off today and set it on the bed dolly. It's ready for paint so no work to be done there.
We started picking at the cab. Rocker install from the PO was shoddy at best. They need to come out. The paint work by the last paint shop is again. Terrible. I want it all redone.

I was there about an hour looked at the progress so far.

7-18-08
Today I stopped by the body shop again, More bad news....

Doug the Shop owner says you want it done right don't you? Well of course but we were talking about 2500 to finish it up.... I think thats going out the window fast!

for an update on paint/body work so far.....
1600 with the first body shop. nothing came of that and no money back,
600 for parts truck I took doors and fenders off of
1600 w/Sweere's for the body work that actually got done on the bed (excellent work btw)
485 for new hood,
350 for new fenders
200 to jamb the fenders,
650 for replacement body (longhorn)
= 5485.00 and I am still waiting to get it painted.

2500 more would have already put me at 8000, for an 1800 paint job..

Looks like I better brace myself for more like 3500-5000 more which will put me at 9-12k for a paint job.. I could have got to school and done myself in this much time and this much money.....

He said the only way to do it right was pull the cab back off again. He said that if I wanted it done right I have waited this long we need to do it right from here by fixing all the issues others left behind. I should take my time and just get it done right.

Well, If you had taken the time to read the things from above this statement does worry me a bit. Take My Time? Exactly what does this mean?
I will have to get this part within agreement before anymore ripping back apart happens..... I'm am not impatient, If you tell me 1 month I expected it somewhere close to that. If you tell me 4 months fine I just want the goal to actually be 4 months not whenever we get to it. If your not going to work on it, Ill take it home. If that how long its going to take just tell me so. I am so tired of 1 month turning into 1 year and still not finished....

Correct me if I am wrong but if you were actually working on it, There is no way a cab should take more then a week or two? We are pulling it off to get it blasted so that show us exactly what work needs to be done and a good idea on how long to get it taken care of. We shall see i guess.....

So. Monday I am supposed to stop by right after work and pull the front clip, steering column, master/cyl booster, heater box. and take home the chassis.

I will do a better job of documenting it from here on out, I have some pictures Monday night. (I think)

70 GMC Longhorn (A.K.A Money Bucket)
57 Chev 3100
05 Chevy LLY Dmax.
67 Chevy Camaro

Dad's Budget Build 55

My Longhorn Build

Last edited by Sinisterspeed; 07-19-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Sinisterspeed is offline   Reply With Quote