View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #46
64chevkev

Re: Joined the "lowered club"...half way, at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
salazar, they work nice, supposed to be 3-4 inches of drop, depending on how much your stockers sag. do a search for jeep coils, there are a few people on here that have done the swap, this site is where I found the info...have I mentioned that this place is great!!!! If you want some of these springs, check your local 4x4 shops, they might have some laying around, I put an ad on craigslist and a guy who installs lift kits called me and sold 'em cheap. I also found some on ebay for $0.99 plus shipping

oldblue, haha that's our Mitch, he loves to ride

TimE, . I got before and after shots, but failed to measure before and after, but I'm guessing I got around 4(or a bit more) inches between the jeep coils and removing the coil over shocks on the rear. Probably need about 2 inches on the front, figure I will start with cutting one coils and go from there. Another thread on here said he cut 1 coil and 3 inches and I believe he said he got 2-2 1/2 inches

slammed1966, so far I love it, this is about as low as the wife will let me go, but once I get to work on my '64 I'm going lower
I wish I would have known this when I did mine about 3 years ago. I went 2.5 inches in the front and 4 out back. 2.5 in the front is about as much as you can go before you have to do spindles etc. So I have been led to believe. It handles 1000 x better and the swaybars ft and back dont hurt either.
Attached Images

64chevkev is offline   Reply With Quote