View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

Sears...... (Rant)S

So, i drive down the road to the local Sears to exchange some socket wrenches for fresh new ones. I get to the store, exchange my wrenches and confirm with the guy that i could also exchange old sockets and extensions.
I drive back home, find the sockets and extensions i want to exchange, drive back to the store, and the guy tells me that my socket set is an old one and they don't make them in sets like that anymore. The new sets don't start at 10mm, they start at 8mm. So if i want to exchange my sockets, i need to go back home and find Craftsman 8 and 9 mm sockets.... I half pissied drive back home and check my stash of sockets... I found a 9mm but I don't have an 8mm in Craftsman or in 3/8" sizes.... I drive back to the store with just the 9mm socket and the rest of the set and the guy says he cannot do anything without a complete set. I explain to him that the set i have is a complete set and it's not my fault that sears decided to change what's called a "set"... I bought it as a set and i'm wanting to exchange it as a set. I then asked if he could just exchange it and give me individual sockets, stating that i don't need the crappy grey plastic holder anyways, he said that the only way he could do that would be if i brought in individual sockets. Then i emptied the set of sockets onto the counter and said "there's individual sockets"... The guy still would not exchange them, so, i grabbed a bag, put the sockets into the bag, mumbled on how ****ty the service there was, and how Matco was gonna get my business from now on and left the store in a blaze of 16" tire smoke. So now, when i take my tools to work tomorrow, i'm gonna have to use my crappy worn out 12 point sockets instead of some nice newly exchanged 6 point sockets.... I'm upset. I almost wonder if this guy is completely wrong.
exmonkeypunk is offline   Reply With Quote