View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #15
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: Sears...... (Rant)S

Quote:
The Craftsman Unlimited Lifetime Warranty Policy is as follows:

If this Craftsman [hand tool]* ever fails to give complete satisfaction, return it to any Sears store or other Craftsman outlet in the United States for free repair or replacement. **This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights, which vary, from state to state.

* The words "hand tool" are often replaced on the product's packaging with the actual name of the tool. i.e. wrench, hammer, or shovel.
** On certain products, there is an additional sentence added into the warranty noting that it does not cover expendable parts such as replacement blades for utility knives or the tape on tape measures.
I agree that they should have replaced the individual sockets that you presented, with whatever they carry as a replacement.....But, it is not their fault that you bought the "wrong" thing. Meaning that I would not take 12 point socket for a 6 point. Personally I don't think it is right to expect them to.
Their wording is a bit vague.....and I suppose that it could be argued that "you are not satisfied" with the performance of the 12 point sockets, but is that really "fair"?
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote