View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #17
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: Sears...... (Rant)S

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmonkeypunk View Post
I only purchased the Craftsman brand hand tools because they advertised a lifetime replacement guarantee.

S-K tools sell around here i think at harbor freight..... A shop i used to work at used them and they were just fine.
I don't mind spending good money on tools, but, if i might get any guff trying to exchange them, that's grounds enough for me to boycott buying any new ones from the company.... LIfetime means lifetime, not 5 years.
One of the socket wrenches i exchanged today was a model the guy said they haven't made in 8 years, but i still got a brand new up to date model.
The problem i also have with snap-on, Mac, and Matco, is the prices...
It costs like 8 times as much for their wrenches as it does for Craftsman, but, since i have an account with Matco, i can make payments on the tools i choose to buy. I have about 3 grand worth of a list of tools to get tomorrow that would take me forever to get one by one with each paycheck.
I'm assuming that Matco products are made in America.... ANybody have any input on that one????
The S-K line in my part of the country are sold at tool stores. Harbor Freight has nothing of that line in their stores, here. Good Luck with the Sears thing. Have you guys noticed that the tool section in the Sears stores i becoming less and less prevalent. The store does have one hell of a lawnmower section, though---Nothing spells MANLY, like a lawnmower. EXCEPT MAYBE tools.

It is rumored that the MATCO line was a take-off from the MAC tool line. We had a MATCO dealer in our area for about a year nad he gave it up,since the Snap-On line kicked his butt on sales. I have some MAC tools and they are of a good quality, but the local dealer is not very aggressive and that is his downfall.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote