View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #58
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

Re: Sears...... (Rant)S

Well, the guys told me today that what i have should pretty much be enough for what i'm doing. Being the low man on the totem pole, all the really big jobs are being done by the other tech and the manager. They toss me the easy stuff like brake jobs and junk like that. lol. no complaints.
They did have me tearing down a timing cover off a 2 liter contour today. The customer drove it until it shredded the timing belt and melted the plastic teeth on the cam gear to the cover. That was fun. I'll be pulling out the vvt gears and burning plastic off of everything tomorrow. Let's see if it'll run after the gears moving around without a belt for god knows how many rotations. Anyways.... I just need to get a larger array of sockets in all sizes, some torque sticks for the impact gun, and deep impact sockets and i should be set.... To think that i was about to spend 6 grand off a truck. I will probably end up buying replacement tools from the truck one by one as these ones wear out and snap in half..... The Matco guy isn't going to be happy with me.
exmonkeypunk is offline   Reply With Quote