View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #21
watahyahknow

Re: camshaft won't last wtf !!!!!

that might be a good way to test it yes , did you test the straightness of the pushrods and there length ?
told it before and a saw it again a while ago in a hot rod article about cams and why they wipe out so fast nowadays (i looked it up for you its the hot rod do it youreself series fall 2006 , the article's called when good cams go bad .... you might be able to find it back on hotrod.com ).
it has sumtin to do with the oil wish has less additives (zink dialkyll sumtin sumtin ) theres special oil available wish has those aditives still in it , they advice shell rotella T (in 2006 they might 've changed the formula since then ) and quaker state Q racing oil .
comp cams allso make lifters with tiny hole in the bottom that lays oil on the cam sorta speak , wish sound good in my ears , its an alternative to making a groove in the lifterbore so oil drips down on the lobes

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote