View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 11:23 PM   #47
57sailplane

Re: Slow And Low So Goes The Tempo!!!

this is the kit i used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEIDT...spagenameZWD1V

its the 60" wide kit cause are trucks are so wide. you will notice that the tire still set in some. i then bougth the upper and lower a frames and the rack. you must also buy the rack extensions. to keep everthing lined up and hopefully elimnate any bumpsteer. i also bought the disk brakes and spindles. everything was off ebay. for only like around 1100 dollars. the qa1 coil overs were 400 plus.

after cutting big notches into the tops of the center crossmember i then welded in the steel brackets that i cut from a 8x8 square tube. i welded these to the center crossmember tacking everthing first and making sure everthing was level. i then welded the out spring purches or hats to the square tube brackets i made. this was done trying to keep the measurments as close to what was given with the crossmember. i then fitted everthing to the crossmember. believe me when i say this is not a straight foward put togather kit. you really must do a lot of mesuring and making sure it all lines up lik you want. i read alot of the tec articles on the heidts sight also. remeber that it can be done but do your home work. and you should be just fine.

here are some pics of the cross member... the red lines indicate the areas that i cut off..
Attached Images

57sailplane is offline   Reply With Quote