Thread: CPP Rant !!!
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #39
huero
1969 Short, Fleet, and Beat

Re: CPP Rant !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL View Post
OK, so now it gets even more confusing. Which of the items below is a spacer and which is a washer? I want to make sure my setup only has spacers in it.

Spacers--

Washers--

/no bro from me... I'm an only child
Let me explain the difference.
Calling them "shims" would make you think they are acceptable and were made to be on your suspension.
Calling them washers would make you box up all your CPP items and send them back for a refund.
Using these "shims" (that look like washers to me) would make me question the taper between the ball joint and spindle.
I'll try and help with any other questions. Good luck to everyone and their projects and remember this "you get what you pay for" sometimes does not apply as there are plenty of inexpensive items sold with expensive price tags.
I know that we are beating a dead horse here but, I think people need as much info. on items they are debating on purchasing. Some of us save for weeks or months to spend our money for parts, only to get a box full of headaches. Do a little research before you buy and I'm sure you will find enough information to question the quaility sold by some of these vendors.
huero is offline   Reply With Quote