Thread: CPP Rant !!!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #47
ron19

Re: CPP Rant !!!

I have also had some "small" issue's with CPP. I'm new to restoring trucks, my 65' has been more than a fun experiance so far. I ordered the power steering conversion bracket kit from them, and received a strange fine thread bolt from them in the kit. It went to nothing and set me back about 1/2 hour to realize this, but I have many bolts in the shop, so no big thing. The next thing was the dust shields I bought from them. One came welded in the wrong position, the center part, so it rubbed on the disk brake. After taking a picture and e-mailing to CPP, they sent me another dust shield right away. Let me take a second to explain that 1st set of dust shields, outside of the offset weld, are very nice pieces, very straight and shiny. Unfortunately, when the replacement one came for the bad weld, an ugly, "stock" type that didn't match the 1st set came, this I could not stand for. After speaking with CPP on this, they immediately sent me a whole set, personnally inspected for quality, like the 1st set, without the bad weld. I have to say, that though I've had some small issue's, their customer service was very apprieciated and they took care of me well. I do get worked up on new parts and want to install them as soon as they get in (I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for new parts to arrive) but my truck won't be on the road till next summer anyway, so really it was no sweat. I will deal with CPP again because of the personal service they gave me and as far as the quality is concerned, they have good parts.

As for spacers and washers, I have to add this. I race stock cars, 600hp+, up to 140mph, and have had many manufacturer of ball joints and such, putting a washer under the castle nut to get the cotter pin to set right is no big deal. I've been working on stock cars for 15+ years, this is the least of your worry. Just make it nice and use Grade 8 zinc plated, it will look like it was meant to be there.
ron19 is offline   Reply With Quote