View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 01:01 AM   #18
Blaze69

Re: Possible intake gasket leak

Latest update:
The sensor did not fix the problem. Now that it's gotten colder here the problem is back in full force. Did some reading on it (again) and here's what I came up with. Tried to locate some vac leaks with a sprayer filled with soapy water. On Mon is was raining and cold. Started it up and within a minute or so it was stumbling. Started spraying all around the intake. While I was under the hood I noticed that when I sprayed the passenger side between #4-6 the exhaust cloud grew. Let it go back down to normal and sprayed again, sure enough. It's an intake leak. So, I'll have to order up the "new" correct gasket and get it put in sometime here in the next week or two.
Funny how spraying it with tb cleaner before yielded a negative result. Just some info to pass on for someone else to use.
Oh yeah, I did try to tighten up the bolts with no luck.
1969 Blazer: 350/350, 4X4, HEI, Edlebrock carb/intake, dual flowmasters, np205, 3:07's and the rest is mostly stock.
The front end disc swap is finally complete

2002 Z71 Tahoe. CAI, Flowmaster 40, Silverstars in high, low and fogs and a bunch of mods (upgrades) inside and out.
Blaze69 is offline   Reply With Quote