View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #125
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's 4dr Burb Build

Well as my ADD kicks in again it looks like this project will go under the knife once again It was not selling like I thought it would and instead of dropping my price to a stupidly low amount I figured I might as well put in more time and shorten things up a bit. It is back in the shop and currently getting some layout marks before getting cut apart.
I will be following Mike's surgery directions but I am going with slightly different proportions and I will only be cutting my frame in the rear even know I am shortening the wheel base as well. The plans are for a 4 link of some design for the rear to be decided on at a later date. Since I am only going to shorten the WB by 9 3/4" their is no real reason for me shorten the center of the frame when I can do it all on the back end. This will also eliminate the need mods to the floor under the second row seat.

First step is going to be cutting the rear wood floor out so I can gain access to remove tubs, tire well and misc braces. Then body slice and dice time will begin. Pic's to follow but not allot because I think Mike did such a great job documenting his their is no reason to do it twice since I am following his as well for parts of this next process.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote