View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #45
Legend56BC

Re: Pro-touring 65' C-10

Hi All,Well I am mainly a roundy rounder(oval track stock car "truck") but for a 65 C10 I would keep the trailing arms because you could go with all types of rear coil spring setups and I would go very light on everything I could.The idea is to keep the truck safe,light and legal for the street.I would try and balance the weight around so you are sitting in the 50% area of the truck(we are talking shortbox right) and have the weight for going left and right in the right places and scale it until it's as good as you can get it.On my streetstock truck I had my battery mounted behind me in the box area on the bottom part of my frame to keep the weight low and to the left so you would want to keep things like that low and centered as a balancer for going left and right on a road course.Put your fuel cell or tank(not stock tank)in the rear to counter the weight in the front etc....As for parts it's really up to your budget so the others here have get ideas and I wish I had the dou to put stuff like that together!When I had a legend car I would go oval track racing but the drag racing track in my area had a road course (Mission Speedway Abbotsford BC) and I would have to take weight out and totally change my suspension setup so what will happen is if you want to drag race more set it more to that deal but if you want to road course more set it more to that venue as a street truck...I really hope you get what I'm trying to say here....I'm a better doer than talker.....
Legend56BC is offline   Reply With Quote