View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #54
chevyrestoguy

Re: What I've been working on....

I have been so busy helping out my buddies with their projects that my own stuff has been neglected. They all keep hitting me up for favors, and we all keep saying that it's my turn to have everybody gang up on my project. Hopefully, very soon the '55 will get the attention it truly deserves. The only problem with it sitting so long is that I keep changing my mind on the direction I want it to go in. First, it was going to be a budget rat rod driver, but I just can't bring myself to build anything rough. I started to do subtle body mods (grille, bumper) and it started to become more of a street rod. So then it started to go in a street machine mode, with a stout 496 big block.

All of your comments are truly appreciated, I really mean it. I work a ton of hours, and commute 125 miles a day. I always get into a funk in the winter, because it's dark when I leave for work, and it's dark when I get home. It's starting to stay lighter longer, and my enthusiasm is starting to pick up. I've also been working on my '73 Cheyenne Super short-bed quite a bit lately, and it'll soon be back on the road. I'll get back on the '55 very soon, and I'll post pictures of everything.

There's always one thing that I can count on whenever I go on this website. There have been times when I was so disgusted with my projects that I was ready to just sell off everything, but I go on this site and see that everybody goes through the frustrations of wondering if you're ever going to finish your project. Everybody here is so cool, and we all give each other motivation and tell each other to keep digging and it'll all come together eventually.
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote