View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #56
OrrieG

Re: What I've been working on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
I always get into a funk in the winter, because it's dark when I leave for work, and it's dark when I get home. It's starting to stay lighter longer, and my enthusiasm is starting to pick up.
I'm the same way, hate getting up and going to work in the dark, I think it is because at around 11 YO I had a morning paper route that required me to be up at 5:30 am to deliver the paper before school. Winter was worst, always cold and raining. My wife has S.A.D. and if she doesn't get 2 hours of direct sun or time infront of the lights I set up she gets into a funk pretty fast. If you live and work where you get the direct sun then it is probably not the case, but if not, something to consider. pm me if you want info on the lights.

I also suffered from the "abuse" of my willingness to help others until I got really sick for about 9 months in the early 1990's. Turned out to be blood poisioning from a dental problem but I was down hard and had to give up all my non-profit work, helping friends on their house remodels and being the go to guy for my relatives. I found that the world did not end, except for a few everyone still liked me and life went on. I learned that I could spend the time on what I wanted to do and no was a reasonable answer.

I may be over-analyzing your comments but something to think of. Cool thing is it sounds like when you decide what you want to do you can have a hot-rod "barn raising" and accomplish a lot in a short period of time. Maybe you can figure out the parts that will work with any of the concepts and get those done??

Last edited by OrrieG; 02-22-2009 at 02:13 PM.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote