View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

Re: Wife's '57 Wagon "RADIO FLYER" project...

FEB 21,2009:
-
-
A little progress is better than none...
-
-
I spent a few minutes today on the '57...
-
-
I had to 'rebuild' the original dash light sockets...What I did was cut off the wire, and solder on new wire on the center bulb contacts.
-
-
I purchased this Painless Kit years ago....it's been sitting on the shelf at home. If I had to do it all over again, I would of purchased the kit from American AutoWire....they include ALL the light sockets, new ignition and headlight switches, correct connects and grommet tubes for the headlight buckets/tail lights etc.
-
Painless is an awesome system, and I will use them again, I just wish I would of known about them before....
-
When wiring your car, the best way to start off (once you have the fuse-panel mounted) is to seperate and run the harness' to their corresponding spots:
-
-

-

-
...at least the dash aint cut-up...
-

-
Yellow, 12 gauge wires are for power-locks/windows which will NOT cut, just tie up and save for future use...
-

-
Used spades to make future cluster removal easier....
-

-
Cluster wiring:
-

-
Done and ready to go....
-

-

-
This dash sure good use a good bead-blast and paint....but for now she just wants to drive it....This car really needs a FULL STRIP/BODY OFF JOB...no time for that, though....-

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW
'06 HD StrAight Axle Swap

Father/Son '67 C-20, LQ9,4L80,Bagged,8-Lugger !!Good Friend Richard's Build

AMERICAN CUSTOMS & CLASSICS (831) 630-1965
www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
"Rest in Peace, Mom & Dad ... I will see you again someday!"
ChiefRocka is offline   Reply With Quote