View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #78
bird7263
Urban Chop Shop

Re: 66 Short step "Trad Rod" build, A Pabst Blue ribbon theme

Ok.. Sorry its been a few days... The fiberglass and paint takes a few days to dry when its only 35 degrees in the garage... Ok after the rust-mort , I fiberglassed all the holes and old rust spots.. It turned out awesome. There is now way for moisture to get in. Then I laid down rubberized undercoating. It was cheap cause I had a few cans in the shop. Then I let it dry. Went to Lowe's to get the Peel and Seal.. No luck, they did not have it stock. And the guy was such a dick about trying to get it for me.. So I went home and ordered it on Wed night at 6pm and big shocker the store had it the next day at 9am.. Wish the employee would have just done his job.. I will never go to Lowes again except for peel and seal!!!!

After the rubber floor dried, I laid down the Peel and Seal. then laid down new Jute padding I got from my local upholstery shop. Then the old carpet when back down.. I really need new carpet but, cant spend the extra money right now.

And holy cow!!!, the cab it dead quiet, even with dual thrush welded mufflers that dump out underneath the bed.. I am really impressed with the Peel and Seal..

BIG THANKS TO JEFF, for pointing that out.. I would have spent twice or three times the money on Fatmat or Dynamat. I am going to use this product again in the future.. 2 rolls was just enough to do a big hump cab floor..

here is the link for the peel and seal if your store does not have it.. If you order it, it will come in next day...

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...17-81326-PS625
Attached Images

1965 Chevy 1/2T Longbox, soon to be a slammed shop truck

Build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=591266

Semper Fi Marines
bird7263 is offline   Reply With Quote