View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #111
Mordachai
Fat Fendered Fleetside

Re: Interest for High rise(pre-runner style?) Fenders Fiberglass

hey guys,
Thanks for the comments.

Been busy as hell, doing something I would have never ever guessed- yep sewing Auto upholstery. Looked like my job at the shop is secure as long as I could learn to sew... I figure it's just like any other tool/machine - band saw, welder, tractor, sewing machine- it's all the operator! so 2 months later, been doing some full custom jobs and a lot of little repairs. Even did a custom bike seat and some other really cool work! But hasn't left me much time for other things.(such is the way of life I guess) Although the more I do, the faster the pattern making/sewing goes...

I actually have gotten a good bit of work done on the fender. I wasn't happy with some of the little edges and curves around the fender lip, so I reworked them. Also spent a good bit of time getting the front trim and edges of the fender straight. Re-painted and sanded smooth etc.

A little here and there and the mold(s) are coming underway. I have taken some pics along the way, but haven't even put them on my pc yet. be patient and when I get a chance I'll post some pics.

The one thing I really REALLY do need is the front 4"-6" of a 69-72 passenger fender. I started cutting my pass fender to start making the larger lip, and remembered that I still need that front edge.(my pass fender is 67-68 style)

Please, if anyone can help me find it will help the process along...

Project 67 Sub- I've been talking with a local guy who has a slammed truck, he's tucking 20's in the front. I told him about these fenders I'm making and now he's interested in tucking 22's... When I first started these, I was only thinking of lifted trucks(doh!), but fender clearance is also an issue with the slammed rides...

radiused fiberglass fender project for 67-72

Last edited by Mordachai; 03-15-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Mordachai is offline   Reply With Quote