View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: I bought a garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks fellas (EDIT: and liz, you snuck in on my while typing!)! Here was my thread from back in October on how much it sucks to find a house.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=house+hunting

It's in a very nice, VERY QUIET neighborhood. It's on one of those "Circle Roads" so the only traffic on the road is the people who live there. It's NOT in an HOA. Each house in the "hood" has 0.5-1+ acres.

I wanted to wait to post until we had stuff "finalized." We wrote the contract almost a month ago. I got word from the bank today that we should be good to go on our loan. We are getting a 90/10 loan with no PMI, the bank pays their closing costs (so I bought some points because the seller is paying up to 3% closing) so once we're done we'll only owe our down payment plus about a grand. Our APR is only 4.6%. With payments, insurance, and taxes this place will only be $50 more per month than our apartment!!!

We close at the end of April.

For those who know I lost my job, don't be worried for me. One thing I've never been accused of is being stupid with money. My wife's job is very secure and she makes a lot of money. We'll still have over $1,000/month left over after ALL bills from just her paycheck. Also, she'll be FOUR MILES from her job and we're just minutes from a busy road that has all the big chain stores/restaurants, etc, so that will be big gas savings. For me to find a job, we're 20 minutes from downtown Greenville, 30 mins from Spartanburg, and 20 minutes from my old job (if they ever take me back.)

After we move in I get to apply for our big fat gob'ment check ($8,000!!!!) so I can get started on my new shop... next year...

Also, we've got exactly 1.0 acres. The house itself is a little over 2,000 sf and is about 10 years old. My honey do list just grew exponentially!
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 03-30-2009 at 08:54 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote