View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #19
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: I bought a garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wife is almost too excited. She loves the big back yard, all of the trees, the entire downstairs has real hardwood EXCEPT the living room, and she really loves how close all of the stores are and that she's only 4 miles from work... YET we get a "little piece" of quiet country livin'. Not real country, but wanna be county.

Thanks Geoff!

Yeah, She's the main reason we can even get a place and I probably will carry her up the steps What blows my mind is that WITH taxes and insurance our payment is only ~$50 more than our apartment + storage unit.

My pops has already told me he'll take time off to come help with the garage. My dad and I have built quite a few homes/garages for family members over the years. Doing it ourselves, and using the existing garage as one of the walls, should get me a really cheap garage. The house's roof is also nearing it's life cycle (down to probably 3-5 years left) and I'll be replacing that myself as well (done a lot of roof jobs over the years too.) I am a little scared of how steep that garage roof is!

I've attached a pic of my dads garage he finally built, it's almost done. The pic is old, the roof is done with an overhang, the carport is done, and the doors are on now. Winter sneaked up on him last year. I've also attached pics of a deck I helped my uncle with. His deck was a ***** to do too, because we had to go around that stupid bay window. The foundation follows the bay window as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post

i was curious about this
Quote:
A tax credit of up to $8,000 is now available for qualified first-time home buyers purchasing a principal residence on or after January 1, 2009 and before December 1, 2009. Unlike the tax credit enacted in 2008, the new credit does not have to be repaid.
I've read from many sources that you can ammend your 2008 tax return (if you've already gotten it like I have) and get it this year.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 03-30-2009 at 11:23 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote