View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #17
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Re: Project - '69 4x4 named "Patches"

With warmer weather being here now I've been keeping busy with yard work and various honey-do items around the house. I've still got a pretty decent sized honey-do chore of installing hardwoods floors in the living room. I've been avoiding that job for about 4 months now, but I think it's time to face the music and get it over with, especially since we've had the flooring that long already. So with that going on the truck has been getting neglected more so than ever before. At least I look at it eveyday when I come home from work. Does that count for anything?

I recently sent various small parts out the TXFirefighter (Kevin) to have them powdercoated and was pleasantly surprised with the results. (A shameless plug for a fellow board member.)

I wanted to send him my core support to get coated as well, but it wasn't cost effective. Plus at this point Kevin has to sub out larger items, like core supports, to get sandblasted. Anyway, I had a local guy here do the core support and I was able to pick it up this past weekend. It turned out pretty good, but it doesn't have the attention to detail like Kevin's parts has.

All in all I'm happy with the parts and I'm still here making progress.

Last edited by sdailey; 05-18-2009 at 01:42 PM.
sdailey is offline   Reply With Quote