View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 10:37 PM   #93
JayDubBlazer
go cyclones

Re: Project Build Log: Ol Green

Thanks for the compliments. I took it out again today. I called Bow Tie Overdrives this past week and explained to them what was happening. The guy told me that he was 95% sure that my throttle valve was sticking. He told me to disconnect the cable and firmly pull it about 20 times once the truck has warmed up. He also said that once I completed that take it on the road and push it a little bit to again work the throttle valve. I did this and it is shifting much better. I still am getting a pretty hard shift from 1st to 2nd though, and while going up hills at low RPMs. I'll give them a call again this week.

With one problem almost solved another one rears its head. When backing up my truck into the storage unit I was having some trouble getting the front tires over the curb on the concrete slab. Some water had collected on the smooth concrete floor and my rear tire wasn't getting any traction. I rolled the truck back and forth a couple of times to try and rock it up. I decided to pull forward and put some blocking under the tires to help it roll over the concrete edge. That was when I noticed I was over heating and coolant was pouring out of the bottom of my engine compartment.

I quickly turned off the truck and opened the hood. The coolant was coming out of the overflow on the radiator cap. I quickly realized that my electric fans weren't running. I am going to test the relay and make sure it was grounded tomorrow. But it was pretty weird how fast that truck heated up. It seemed as soon as I got the truck off the road it started heating up. It normally runs around 170-175 degrees and when I finally got it turned off it was 240+. I yanked the relay off and hard wired the fans off and cooled it off.

Hopefully it wasn't too hot for too long and I didn't damage anything.

PROJECT OLE GREEN

1972 Blazer 4X4 350/700R4
2017 Silverado LT

Last edited by JayDubBlazer; 05-31-2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: typos
JayDubBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote