View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #114
Mordachai
Fat Fendered Fleetside

Re: Interest for High rise(pre-runner style?) Fenders Fiberglass

hey everyone.
a little update, after a ton of things not related to this fender at all I've gotten some time here and there.

Alot of block sanding, and then even more block sanding...

I ended up with something pretty smooth:

the fender is patchy and multi colored, but smooth as heck.

Then it was waxing the fender. Again and again and again.
finally got it waxed, got the shims on it, and the PVA release:

and once that dried, I was able to shoot some gelcoat.

anyways, just a little update, I guess better than nothing right?

I'm a bit farther on that fender now, should have the driver side mold(s) done in a week or so and am already started on the passenger fender.

I do need help from the best truck forum anywhere.
Please I really need the front edge of a chevy 69-72 fender.
What I need looks like this: circled in red:

That pic is just a mirror image of my driver's fender, I need that front edge for the passenger fender( right now I have the 67-68 chevy style pass fender)

Want to be the first to get a set of these fenders?
Well I need you to help me help you, please I'm willing to pay for the piece, please let me know if you can help out. I've tried the parts boards, but I don't need a full fender, and have had a hard time finding just that piece.
I think it's kind of a waste of a good fender when all I need is that little bit.

I'm going to go ahead and mold the passenger fender as it sits now, but I won't be able to offer matching 69-72 style fenders until I can make that front edge. Meaning I need a NOS piece to work from.

oh yeah- sidenote- I left the upholstery shop to persue my own jobs/work/interests. That means I'm only doing nice full interiors when they come, no repair jobs, which leaves me alot of time to work on these fenders and get back to work on my 71!

Please hit me up if you can help me source that fender edge.

more pics of progress as they happen.

yodi- interesting thought, I've been contacted by someone else to make a pair of widened 56-57 fenders. This from a guy who had seen them widened in metal, and wanted them in glass. if all goes well with these, and there is interest, anything is possible!

radiused fiberglass fender project for 67-72

Last edited by Mordachai; 06-02-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Mordachai is offline   Reply With Quote