View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #23
70rs/ss

Re: My new toy, dub'd "The BIG Unit" by a previous owner!

Quote: 1956cameo
You, me, Andy, and all the other burb owners should do a get together or road trip in our burbs. Kind of like what the blazer guys do. I think that would be quite a sight. To see X number of 67-72 burbs cruising down some desolate desert road with the mountains in the distance. The sun setting low, allowing the growing cool desert night air to billow thru open vent windows. Yeah that would be something! Definately keep us posted on this one.

Put me down, but it may be a while before I am road worthy (the burb needs a little love and a trans, but more I have a ton of stuff that I need to get done before I can get to it!)

Quote: Longhorn Man
this is pure poetry!!!

Agreed, I sat here imagining us rollin' down that cool desert highway!!

Quote: Riveted1
Mike, I gotta say, it was sad watching her be dragged off. But I'm glad she's getting some well-needed attention.... and I HAVE A GARAGE AGAIN!! Woohoo!

Austin, I figured it was kinda bitter sweet, but noticed how much space you had once we pushed "The BIG Unit" out of the garage and figured it was for the better. I can't thank you enough for letting me take it on, I'll get to it here in the next few months, I need to finish up my niece's Camaro and the Blazer I sold, then, just maybe, then I can put the trans in it!!

I haven't been real successful with the multi quote so I had to copy paste in order to hit a couple in one reply!

Quote: jerry moss
cool burb- i gotta say that now since i just bought a 72 thats the same color. mine doesn't have all 3 seats and i've got a little more rust than yours,lol. congrats

Jerry, I have to say this is one of the cleanest 67-72's I've ever owned and the exterior white is a "bad" paint job to cover the toothpaste green, thank the truck GOD's they didn't try to paint the inside!!

Last edited by 70rs/ss; 06-09-2009 at 09:28 AM.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote