View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #26
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Re: My new toy, dub'd "The BIG Unit" by a previous owner!

I know a couple of people that have imported cars from the US, one friend bought a Ford Expedition in Florida and a couple of years later a new Mustang, some other friends are building what they hope to be a seven second 68 Impala coupe based on a bodyshell sourced from your side of the pond. Its not that hard really although its a hell of a lot cheaper from the east coast than from the west. Older cars are easier as the test they have to pass when they arrive is a lot simpler than for a new vehicle. Trouble is once you add the shipping costs and taxes etc it adds up.

I guess a lot of the European vehicles you're seeing may well be on a round the world trip, that kind of adventure travel is big business, many will have been down in South America first.

Maybe when the kids are a little older it'll be time for another US road trip with some cash in my pocket this time, I guess I could always buy one from a dry state like yours and drive across to the east coast and put it on a boat! I liked rizona when we paid a brief visit a few years ago.

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote