View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #64
SBTork
Garage wrench

Re: Finally "Silvers" build thread!! ('78 swb 2wd silverado)

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace121978 View Post
thank you sbtork. yep still using ew extreme. some of the best stuff i've ever used. for the rear bushings i used a big 1 1/8" socket that i beat to death with a big @ss hammer. it was rough but i couldnt see paying someone $25 per bushing.

what paint did you end up going with?

Im using chassis saver. I have no experience with it prior to this but if it holds up like it should I will be really happy with it. I applied on a well prepped frame with a foam brush. It looks great, ill have to start a build thread once I get some more things inline.

I hear you on the bushing situation. I just took my control arms in to have the bushings pressed out and the ball joints pressed out of the lowers. Im not sure what it'll end up being $$ wise, hopefully not too much. A local speed shop does them here, their rate is $50/hour so hopefully it does not take more than an hour or ill be kicking myself in the butt. I have access to a press at work but I was not sure I could do them, now im pretty sure I can handle it so it feels like im wasting money. Not good, hopefully they don't take me for too much.

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....