View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #43
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Re: Thanks for asking.....here is project: Patina'd

I'm curious What gave you the impression that I was going to fully restore this truck? I just cut a great big hole in the hood and cut the bed all up! I don't really like these trucks fully restored. They look like grampa rigs when they are cherry. This is giving me a great platform to teach myself different skills and it will never see paint. The hood is often an extra workbench for me (as I think you were refering). I can't stand number's matching vehicles and I have made a ton of money selling correct casting numbers to people who are doing just that. I sold my original BBC short water pump crank triple pully for enough money to buy the long water pump, all the pullies and brackets to convert it to a left hand alternator setup.

If you click on the link in my signature that say "67 fastback project", you will see what is going to get all my money. That Mustang has the factory tags on the motor, trans and rear end. I'm going to jerk the motor out and store it....then I'm going to build a nasty roller motor for that thing. What will make you really sick is that I paid $2,700 exactly one year ago and it runs, drives and stops. I'm the 5th owner and it has 73,000 original miles.

P.S. Please don't think I took any offense at all. Believe me, I always see guys putting tons of money into cars and trucks and think "why in the heck are you trying to polish that turd!!!" LOL

Last edited by prostreetC-10; 06-18-2009 at 08:20 AM.
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote