Thread: 198Plus build
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #20
dreamtruckproject

Re: 198Plus build by Alan's Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 198plus View Post
I hope I'm not taking this the wrong way ?????????

I have never ask Alan to give me a refund.....Never said a word about anything...... He offered to refund the money on the bed I bought from him, that we both thought was a lot straighter than it was.
Thanks Alan.

I would never ask for a refund on anything, unless it was crap work and probably wouldn't say anything about it anyway.....You know, it is what it is

I'm not in the habit of taking advantage of people.

They way I read it is that Alan was doing the right thing since he sold you the bed (from what I gather) And the way he worded it seemed to be saying just that. He sold you something that you both thought was good and turned out not to be in the shape at first thought so he offered to credit back the amount paid. No problems there. I think Dennis' statement was more in the line of since you are bringing a bed from another source and unknown condition (never really know until you start working on it) that should the new bed turn out bad, Alan shouldn't offer a refund on his work just to be a good guy. I don't think it sounded bad on anybodies part. So don't sweat it.