View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
landarts
landarts

Re: New seat cover - Make it new with picts

Part Two

I also had painted all of the seat wires do to them being somewhat rusting. I used the same gloss black spray paint that I used for the frame. I pulled the bottom cover over , stretched and fastened as I went along working from the center points to the outer. Seat bottom cushion completed. Moved onto the back cushion. This foam was in excellent shape so I wrapped the entire back rest of the foam from the bottom that goes against your back , up and over all the way down to the bottom of the backside of the cushion (see Picts). By doing this it left a really clean fabric on the backside instead of the old aged foam. Pulled the seat cover over the entire cushion and trimmed any excess of the bottom area after smoothing out. I moved forward with fastening and stretching the seat cover to release it of any wrinkles of lose areas. I then put the seat back up in the location to fasten all the newly painted bolts and secured it down firmly. I had to give it a test drive in the garage and see how it all felt. Good to go!

Seat cover was purchased thru LMC
NuFoam and Heirloom cotton batting purchased from House of fabrics.
Attached Images