View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #32
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred"

Good news! I dropped off some parts at Adams house tonight, and the glove box door from the Burb was there. So I grabbed the SPID off of it. Did some deciphering when we got home tonight, and the Burb rear end has 3.42's! That's what I wanted to put in Fred all along, so I will be swapping rear ends soon.

Gerald (Driveway Dreams) came over this morning to get some parts off the Burb. I had a tall air dam for him from Adam, but after doing some measuring, he figured it wouldn't last but one trip down Mulberry Street. So we pulled the short air dam off of Fred for him and we installed the tall one in it's place. Looks good on him!

I also forgot to mention.... the crew cab I got the seat out of also had a good drivers door arm rest, so I snagged that too. Got it cleaned up and installed when I did the seat. I was so excited about the seat that I forgot all about that.

I was going to get a new 700R4 in the next month or two, but I think I 'll just keep saving and looking for the 5.3L/4L60E setup. I figured there was no point in spending the cheddar on the 700R4 only to yank it out in a year or two.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE

Last edited by glock35ipsc; 07-05-2009 at 10:53 PM.
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote