View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: Help with fuel system design for LS1 install

I realize this is an older post, but it looks like you don't have an answer yet, so......

Quote:
What size line should I be running throughout? I'm assuming AN-6 will be appropriate but I also know what happens when one makes assumptions.
Yes, -6 (3/8") with the exception of the return line from the filter/regulator to the tank, which is -4 (5/16")

Quote:
What fitting(s) will I need at the fuel rail?
IF you have a fuel rail that is a return-less system; that is, only one fuel line on the rail, then it should be a Russell #640850. It will look like this:

Or you can use a Dorman #800121, like this (I would recommend threaded fittings however):

Quote:
What is the proper layout from gas tank to fuel rail for the lines, filter, and fuel pump? My assumption (see disclaimer above) is that I will have the 'Vette filter with the inlet and return lines plumbed directly to the fuel tank, then line from the 'Vette filter outlet to the fuel pump, followed by another line up to the fuel rail. Is this correct?
1] Return line from the tank to the Vette filter/regulator,

2] Feed line from the tank to the pump, then to the Vette filter/regulator,

3] Feed line from the Vette filter/regulator to the fuel rail.

In this setup, flow from tank to engine is right to left:

Quote:
The vendor for the custom gas tank says I need a 90° anti-siphon valve for the overflow fitting on top of the tank. The tank came with a 90° barbed fitting to go to a 3/8" hose, but that can be removed. What exactly should I have here? Searching for an anti-siphon valve via Google hasn't given me anything close to what I think I would need.
I am gonna take a guess here, is this suppose to be a vent tube that will allow air in, but not let fuel out? If so, many people on here have used these when doing Blazer tank swaps:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Gas-F...=p4506.c0.m245

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote