View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
chevyguys
I Got it BAD!

Ross's GMC BBW Custom Build

Hi guys! I though I should add some pictures of my friends build. He is fairly new to PC's and message boards so I thought would get him kickstarted. His truck was found in Northern California in the Sierra foothills. As you can see it is a BBW custom cab GMC. It's a sweet starting point for a project. The truck was basicly given to him with just the price of gas to haul it 3 hours home.

The truck was missing the engine and trans but otherwise complete. Over the past 9 months he has been slowly working his magic on it.. The rear end is out of a 93 Caprice 9C1 police cruiser and has an eaton posi (5x5 with Disc's). He custom added a newer chevy truck sway bar and installed lowered leaf springs.

Ross also added a roll pan and moved the license plate area up as far as it would go. He then cut out the holes for the bumper brackets and pulled the bumper in tight against the truck.

After this he installed a front crossmember with drop spindles and springs out of a 71 chevy truck that he had from a previous project that never got started.

The engine is a fresh 383 stroker that he built over 10 years ago and has been sitting quietly waiting for a chance to breathe again...

There has been alot done to this truck that I simply forgot or failed to properly describe. Ross is a simple working man with little means and does everything himself. Please welcome him to the board and make all the comments you wan't
Attached Images