View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #49
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 5.7 TBI in an 86????? Anyone done this swap??

I really like what you did with your fuel system! That is really nice! I could fab up a tank like that. I'm not sure we need to worry about the fuel supply since this will be a road only 2wd truck. I totally understand why you did yours like that. As far as the lines I am using, I am really thinking about using the original car fuel lines since they are the correct size and they have the correct fittings and have an inline filter setup already. I just have to make fittings to adapt to the truck lines or use the quick connect fittings from the tank.

On the power,
I have thought about the relay setup. I want to build a setup like that and I'm sure with your diagram I can. Right now I'm wanting to get past the mess that I have of the harness. It really looks like a rat got under the hood. I need to have the best reliability possible (it will be driven by a kid). This project when done will move us toward finishing the 69 project we started. I would really like to install a 5.3 or 6.0 in it with matching late model tranny.
thanks for all the help!
Mike
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote