View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #45
Thealien

Re: 1972 Blazer - 'Bullet' Project

The body mounts are not as bad as it seems (could be if everything is rusty). I did mine in my yard with a 4X4 block of wood to span a couple of mounts and a floor jack. When I took the old ones out I POR15d the mounts and area around them which added to the install time. I have a foredom 1/4 horse flexible shaft tool (think dremel on steroids) and used it to cut the weld on my bolts (easier with the 1 1/4 cut off wheels) and no dammage to the bolts/floor.

I would do the brakes first IMHO safety first.

I want to do some rear brake work but I also need to do some rear end work (posi makes noise occaisionally). So typical for me I will want to take everything apart including brake backing plates and paint everything, maybe new brake lines? Something that should/could take a few hours will probably take me a week or two?

When I did my tilt column I ended up taking my seats apart and painted all the mounts and seat bottoms. A couple hour tilt install turned into a couple of days? I like the end result though. Like I said work on the safety first!

Good luck, keep us informed.

Last edited by Thealien; 09-10-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote