View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #46
lks dcvn

Re: 1972 Blazer - 'Bullet' Project

Agree on the brakes being a priority - I will likely pick up a new MC this weekend and swap it in when I get time in the next few weeks.

All of my body mount bolts are rusted solid - imagine a clean bolt and then fill up the threads with rust and then you know what mine look like - This will likely equate to cutting them out - which will likely be a pain to do in cramped quarters. It probably needs to be done since my mounts look pretty crappy and the longer I wait- the worse it will get. Maybe my door won't stick anymore - lol:

Is there a better method (front to back or back to front) to do this - I don't really feel like taking out the radiator to get to the front frame ones...

Anybody want to share their method and what worked best - always looking for tips/tricks to save some time - although that never seems to happen.

My windshield frame is toast (as in leaks into cab) and the top isn't really connected to it - so does that change my order to:

replace body mounts -
fix windshield frame - which means the top comes off - finally
secure top to body and windshield frame
rust repair on the lower body (floors, rockers, etc.)

Anybody interested in helping (that means that you will be doing most of the work) me replace a blazer windshield frame - since if I screw this up - it will be a mess. I have access to plenty of adult beverages for after you get done - Not sure I have the skill to do this kind of repair (just being honest)
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote