View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Where do I go next??????

I agree, looks like a nice street combination. I'd check into gears and see, but I also wouldn't get too crazy being a 700r4. That 3.06 first gear ratio of the 700 is the deepest 1st gear of any of the GM automatics. You better have GOOD traction if it's going to bite the track with a low gear rear end. But that's pretty much all been said.

If you are bit by the faster faster faster bug,, the vortecs (especially with an unproven port job) have to go, as does the flat tappet hydraulic cam.

Decent heads (Brodies or AFR 195's,, or something equal), a nice hydraulic roller (or solid roller if your so inclined) will give you tire shreading power on that 383. Then you'll be wishing for more gear and something with less 1st gear ratio. It's a never ending battle.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.

Last edited by Marv D; 09-25-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote