View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #35
bluesfella

Re: Intro and the longest build thread you'll ever see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onequickchevy View Post
Man, I saw that parts truck on craigslist and didn't have the space to store it. Wish I would have now! Nice score, and welcome from a fellow newbie from North Florida.
Yeah, I actually didn't call when I first saw it (I check CL every day) because I was frustrated on two previous attempts to get a donor truck like this. One got sold right under me, and the next one I drove HOURS to go get, and it turned out to be in worse shape than mine. I let this one sit a few days, and finally changed my mind and called him. I'm glad I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeyev8 View Post
Great score on the parts truck...looks like it will save you lots of time fixing rust, I am new here to but I have been reading a bit here everyday, welcome to the forum and good luck with your project..looks like a great start
Yeah, that's what I'm counting on. It will still need a few small patches, but it's nowhere near as bad as my other truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverod View Post
If you want to have the longest build thread ever your going way to fast you need to sloooow down. Welcome
Thanks! It will definitely slow WAY down once I get to the upgrading and painting stages. I have ZERO money for this project, so I'm going to have to sell bits of the donor truck to afford any new parts I buy for my truck. I'll get there eventually.