View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #157
AJs72K5

Re: AJ's '72 Cruiser Crawler Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrux View Post
Nice updates AJ but there's one thing I noticed. I think the computer program you inputed your data into may be a little bit off. It seems to me you're trying to go for a bit of a hotrod and I think you would of benefited from a larger cam. The one you've chosen is just a step above stock, an RV cam if you will. The heads and intake combo you have is great and all but I don't think you'll really be reaping the benefits of them with that cam. You will make good torque (~400tq) but I think the hp will be lacking and not quite what you're looking for (~325HP OR SO). I'm not an expert by any means but I worked at a machine shop several years ago for a while and i've had my hands on quite a few other engine builds so I do have an idea. I really like the Comp Cams Extreme Energy series and I think if you go went with one of those cams you would get some of the performance I think you're after. The only reason i'm making this suggestion is because I don't want you to get this thing together and installed and realize you shoulda gone bigger. Hope you don't feel i'm stepping on your toes, just trying to offer some pointers.
No harm done. Nothing has been inputed wrong into the CamQuest app. The cam I went with, while appearing somewhat mild, is also EFI friendly, which is important. A bigger EFI friendly cam would've required me to go with a Lunati that was a bit too big in my opinion. We'll see how it turns out.

Gray Matter Build - 1972 K5 with some stuff
AJs72K5 is offline   Reply With Quote