View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:32 PM   #89
scoyote

Re: '72 Frame Up Rebuild

OK, the seats that I have in there are 13" from the floor to the seat, so it's only one inch different if we are measuring from the same place.

Sure seems higher than one inch....but I haven't sat in it for a year either so that might be what it is.

I really don't like the look though...sigh.....

I picked those seats because they have the built in shoulder harness but they just look goofy ......but that might grow on me....we'll see.

In the meantime I'm looking for some other seats.

Drove it 4 miles today....first time I've driven it in over a year and it was GREAT!! Got it up to 55mph and was turning right at 2300 rpms so it should be just fine for what I intend to use it for right now.

Valves need to be adjusted and the front main seal is leaking so that stuff needs to be fixed....it's always something. It's a brand new rebuild with only 18 miles on it.

Grill should be going in tomorrow and back to the dyno to burn another chip, this one is running a little rich but I think I need to get the valves tightened up before I get another program burnt.

And I need to figure out a steering wheel. I'm thinking 14" diameter and something that will allow me to see the gauges....so I'm still looking.

Anyway, here are some progress pics.

Dual electric fans.....I LOVE electric fans. I have them on my Ford and my Jeep....make that low end idle a lot smoother and keeps it cool on the hottest days.

Pics of the seats and gauge cluster (with tilt steering wheel)......and the Blazer as it sits today.
Attached Images

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote