View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #12
Outlaw72
Hay Team!!

Re: BBC Build and Questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70stroker View Post
Thanks man I am for sure taking it to the machinist to line bore and check the block out. Also that kit comes with the flexplate and all and is pre balanced, that was another selling point to be because the local shop charges 175 to do that alone.

So with that scat bottom end and my heads, which i still need to find out the casting numbers, and a decent cam, the 177 blower what am i looking at power wise?

And not your right im not looking to kill everybody in town down the 1/4. I would however like to run a low 13s. With the stock bottom end that hasnt been opened up since 75 and a cam that was not for a blower and stock heads i ran a 14.2 so ya I guess what i am sayin is for the 3500 or so im looking to spend i would like to drop around a second off my 1/4..... that sound like a decent and achievable goal?
I would still be careful with those pre-balanced kits. Not taking anything away from Scat but here is a tip. Most of those budget kits are cast by the same manufacturer. I would make sure Scat is putting their own balance on it. For example....I have had several machine shops tell me of people who have brought them their Eagle rotating assemblies......I'm sure you have read about those. They advertise pre balancing, however, when machine shops check them, they end up having to re-balance them. It's just extra insurance for you. At least check with scat and make sure they are putting their OWN balance on it. I have never dealt with Scat so be extra careful there.

Your power is really going to come down to your head and cam selection. Need to know what heads are on that puppy. Pop a valve cover off and get the casting number...then look it up here...

www.mortec.com

I have a truck similar to yours.....LWB. With stock 781 ovals and a very mild comp solid flat tappet cam with 4:10, ran 7.9X in the 1/8th on a 1.6 60.ft.