Thread: 91 DD build
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #70
GMC91
Always trouble

Re: 91 DD build

Alright, well the head flanges are 1/4 inch thick. And they were painted with 2000 degree flat black paint. I used the same paint on my manifolds in the truck now and it has yet to do anything to the paint. I do realize that headers get hotter, but they cant exceed 2000 degrees. I also got some progress done now on the truck, got the two rims on it finally. I couldnt find anywhere with a matching set of 15 inch tires so I used the two that I already had on the truck, still cost me $40 to have them swaped and balanced. Ill post a pic of it when photobucket loads. I also went to a salvage yard with my dad today, got almost every piece I needed for the interior. It was part of the cash for clunker deal, sad waste of cars IMHO. But I did manage to get mostly what I needed for like $15 today. Got a set of kicker panels, door seal plates, glove compartment door, glove compartment insert, the bezel that goes around the gauges, and the plastic peice that goes below the back window. All in perfect condition. Going back tomorrow for a hood, and some more interior trim. Also going to try and find some center caps and lug nuts. Thats all for now, pics later.