View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #34
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Engine Starves for Fuel When I Hit Second Gear

BTW, you can have fuel delivery with no pressure (as you said,, simply freeflowing out the end of the open tube) but you can not have pressure without delivery. Even at the car wash with the tiny orifice, the water is being delivered at high pressure, low volume, but delivery no matter. The same is true in your fuel system. If it's restricted with an orifice then sure, delivery would be WAY down. But the needle and seat is not much of a restriction. at least no more restriction at 2psi than it is at 10psi.

I'm gonna stand by my guns here and say even at 2psi you have delivery sufficient to carry a 400HP motor through 5 to 8 seconds. And more likely if the float bowls are full when you launch,,,, you have enough fuel to carry the motor WELL into 3rd gear and nearing the 12-13 second finish line before she starts to stumble.

Without a doubt I've been wrong before and could be very wrong here. But I think your 2nd gear issue is going to still be there when you replace the fuel pump. And don't get me wrong. I'm not saying 2psi is acceptable and that there isn't something wrong with your pump / fuel delivery. Just saying there is MORE going on than just fuel pump.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.

Last edited by Marv D; 10-15-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote