View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #42
LooseCannon

Re: Bagged 05 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineNXS View Post
That thing looks awesome, i must say. I personally like the way u showed the height sensor travel, exposure is a beautiful tool. I was just wondering, as someone mentioned above, that the upper shockwave mount may be weak. If im right, that was the old shock absorber mount correct? and then the torsion bars would take more of the load? Im wondering if anyone knows if this is structurally as strong as with the torsion bars? I am thinkin about doing this similar operation to my 00 sierra, and would love to be able to just throw the bags in there and take out the blasted torsion bars.....thanks

again very nice work....

BRAD
Thanks! The shockwave mounts to a U shaped bracket and the bracket mounts to the original top shock mount.

You do bring up a good point about the bracket and shock mount taking on a lot more of the load with the torsion bars removed. I trust in Air Ride Technology's R&D department and that the bracket and mount will hold but I will keep an eye on it.

Not sure what bag setup you're going with... If using convoluted bags you may find this interesting:

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/...-02-tahoe.html

Good luck!

Last edited by LooseCannon; 11-05-2009 at 11:59 PM.
LooseCannon is offline   Reply With Quote