View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 12:38 AM   #125
Dan Bowles
AD Addict

Re: Yet Another s10 swap

Jeff,

One suggestion for you or anyone else doing this is to utilize one area that is easy to get to, the battery cover. We did this on Court's truck and I put a Holley fuel regulator there. I ran a Blazer tank to put it in the rear so I didn't have dual exhaust issues and because he's got other body mod plans that will keep it in line.

To adjust my fuel pressure, I just pop off the battery box lid on the floor and mounted on the top of the frame rail is the regulator. If I'd have planned it better, I would have put the fuel filter there as well. I'm going to make a rubber matt type box using mud flap type rubber to keep the yuck out.

We also put the battery behind the front seat (used an 88 bench seat) and ran the lines through the floor, just wrapped them in fuel line to keep them from rubbing through. Zip ties top and bottom holds them in place. Hard to set the timing from there but everything else has been pretty OK.

Nice build and I know what you mean about making this NOT a step by step thing. You've done lots different than I did because the whole thing IS diffferent! I'd do a better job next time...maybe a Dakota and not an S10!
Dan Bowles is offline   Reply With Quote