View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #12
Wild83C10

Re: Building sbc for boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Ok, thats what I'm looking for! If I can find a deal on a forged crank, I'd love to have that peice of mind...but if i could retain my scat crank, and use some nice forged pistons and rods that would be ideal. I'm not looking to build an all out race motor, and its really not in the budget to buy a dart block or anything like that right now.

Why do u suggest 9:1? Just so shes not a dog before spooling? I assume if i were to go lower, I would sacrifice some of my part throttle/low rpm driveability?

(anywhere else to look on this topic? I can't find any sites dedicated to boosted small blocks!)

Thanks!
I suggested 9:1 because of the part throttle/low rpm driveability. However I didn't state that thinking that aluminum heads would be used. Iron head you may want to drop it down a bit.

I don't see any reason why you just couldn't swap your pistons and leave everything else. That is provided you don't get greedy. Once the power bits it doesn't let go and you will want more. If you can be happy with your current goal until you have the money to build something better then just go with new pistons.

You can pick up a complete short block with all forged assembly and new 4 bolt block for like just over $2500 these days. M & R Engines. SpeedOMotive is a good place for complete rotating kits.

383 MASS-FLO EFI/TKO II 600/3.90 Posi 10 bolt
S475 and C4 DM running, fine tuning
turbo=
Douchebag Racing: Runs Fine all the Time

Last edited by Wild83C10; 12-08-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Wild83C10 is offline   Reply With Quote