Thread: 56 Cameo build
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #33
tbrown5079

Smile Re: 56 Cameo build

Hey, thanks for the interest. I have been working right along on the 56. I sold the 40 I had done before so I would have more time and incentive to have something to drive. The body work on the cab is 99% complete and I got the fiberglass sides blasted so we can start on them. A friend comes to my house 1 night a week and helps. I should say I help him with the body work. The rest of my time I spend trying to keep ahead of him. I have my single window kit and really appreciate the guys doing the videos on youtube. thats going to be a huge help. I changed the rear end to a 69 chevelle 62" 10 bolt so I don,t have to tub the bed or run wide spacers. I also got a LS engine and transmission from a 2007 GMC. I talked to Jesse at WaitForMe Performance and am sending the harness to him. We are putting the motor in this week. Then it goes to my other friends who will install the steering column and brakes. We can work on the bed at my place while its' gone.
I have to say thanks to all of the people on this site who have helped me in many ways and I deserve 20 lashes for NOT POSTING PICTURES!
Again, thanks for the interest and I will get some pictures posted.
tbrown5079 is offline   Reply With Quote