View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #3
sav300

Re: Thoughts on my new motor build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Your putting a lot of $'s into the bottom end to be choosing a hypereutectic piston. If your going to all the trouble of a 6" rod, and not doing a forged piston,, I'd question why????

I'd also suggest you get the heads you want, (the 305 heads on a 350 deal just kills me) And get the cam you want and break the motor in right, with the parts you want. Circulating trash through the engine for a second cam break in really sounds counter productive to me.

Sounds like your looking for a decent street performer,, brand aside, I'd suggest a 1-5/8" long tube header MINIMUM.

Of all the head choices out there today,, TFS would be one of my LAST choices,, but that's all just my 2¢
I understand where your coming from. I got the hyperuetectic pistons becuase I have them in another motor that I build and they have been flawless. Yes forged would be better, but for $150 brand new with warranty I couldn't pass them up. As for the cam I can see your point, but with the parts I have available I'm going to try them out. Granted I do not care for 305 heads either due to their flow, but having the Edelbrock cam in it they will flow enough. Also the headers are 1 5/8" but I'm considering 1 7/8" primaries instead.

I'm just going to give this a shot for the time being as I have seen builds that I would have done differently that turned out to be quite reliable and adequate for what they do. During the spring I will order the new aluminum heads and cam(changing to hydrolic roller instead).

What heads would you reccomend?

Thomas
sav300 is offline   Reply With Quote