View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 01:54 AM   #7
tomtuna1978

Re: Thoughts on my new motor build

sounds like you just want to get running and then upgrade the heads/cam later. wich is fine. as for heads .... id look at afr ( i think its a 195cc intake port head, wouldnt go bigger than that), or id even look at the gm fast burn heads(aluminum vortecs with better ports/chambers/valves). what ever cam you choose, call the company and tell them your combo, and they will tell you the right cam/lifter/spring/rocker package(get the springs they suggest !) for your ap. whats your hp goal ("Hoping to make a good street/strip pickup" can meen a lot !) ? and i wouldnt spray it more than a 150 shot if your gonna do nitrous. i would also think the 1 5/8 in. headers would be fine, unless your gonna sprey it or put a blower on it. and i know the price of those pistons was good and all, but its a shame you didnt get forged ! could of gon further with this combo ! what piston rings did you go with ? some gapless rings would be good also if you didnt get rings yet. and what oil pump ? a stock one is all you need ! ... just my 2 cents good luck with the build and keep us posted !
tomtuna1978 is offline   Reply With Quote