View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #23
sav300

Re: Thoughts on my new motor build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
That's my 2¢... but Thomas you sound like you have already made up your mind onthe build. And you SHOULD build the motor the way you want, can afford, or feel is right for you. I'm not saying if you use hyper pistons you WILL have carnage like the pic,, I'm not saying KB is junk, I'm not trying to do anything but offer some hind-sight in hopes it might help someone avoid some costly damage because they had never heard of the issue. That's all.
Well Marv that is about the best way to sum up my entire situation with as much detail as possible. That I thank you for. And after getting such feed back with this motor I am going to ask way ahead of time. I have a 67 Chevy 2wd short box that will be street leagal, but will only see the track (unless it's going to the local show). It has a 327 in it that is bone stock and I would like your thoughts ahead of time. Plan to keep the TH350 for a tranny, but my goal is 600-700 ponies. I do have an 8v71 that I could mount on it, but I really like good oldfashion NA.

Whats your take?

Thanks again,

Thomas
sav300 is offline   Reply With Quote